Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Epic BBQ



This past Sunday we packed up a couple of grills, grabbed the volleyball net, and set out for a little BBQ action at Pretzel Park in Manayunk. It was the very first social event for the new church. The weather was great and the people we were able to meet couldn't have been nicer. One couple I really enjoyed meeting was Jake and Allison who have three kids. There desire to "do whatever it is God wants them to do." really impressed me. We need more people like that in this world. Dawn and J.R. were a lot of fun to talk to as well, but they were up-staged by the smile of their little boy Ben. I've never seen anything like it. It was absolutely captivating. Another person I met was a guy named Dan who cracked me up with stories about his Italian Greyhound named "Dolce". lol Anyways we ended the afternoon with a little volleyball. My performance was sub par but I vowed to redeem myself at our next event. Jordanna, you're going down. Just for fun, here's the video we used to announce the event.

1 comment:

Erasmus said...

Haha... just saw this for the first time. Is that Jordanna? Hilarious and memorable. Love the quality work you guys do to make Epic Church truly epic.