Tuesday, July 22, 2008

"Healer"

A friend of mine sent me this video, which got me thinking....
Do I believe that God can heal? Yes
Do I believe that God wants to heal? Yes
Does everyone always get healed? No
Do I understand why? No

My father passed away from Cancer last year. I don't know why God didn't just heal him. I don't have all the answers... no one except God does. The scripture tells us that His thoughts are higher than our thoughts simply meaning He's smarter than we are. He's God and we're not. I just have to believe from everything else I know about God, that when something breaks our heart, it breaks His as well. First John tells us to "cast our cares upon Him because He cares for us. " God cares, I have no doubt about that.

I do know that there is another kind of healing.... not of our body, but of our soul. When we die if we've made the decision to step over the line of faith and follow Jesus then we'll be with Him forever in heaven. A place where there are no more tears, no more sickness... no more cancer.

"I believe that You're my healer, I believe You're more than enough for me... Jesus You're all I need."

1 comment:

Kent Jacobs said...

COMMENTS FROM FACEBOOK....

Adam Spinozzi wrote
at 11:36am on July 26th, 2008
You are so correct Kent. He is our healer and more then enough for us


Billy Green Jr (N.C. State) wrote
at 1:19pm on July 26th, 2008
I agree. Plus, it is important for individuals who follow God's Word to fully remember God's Word and the examples in the Bible. First of all, the Bible only mentions two men who never tasted death and that did not even include Jesus. Healing is one vivid concept because we focus on death, versus focusing on life. Many of us are blessed to escape the need for healings and surgeries daily just as we drive to and from work. We share highways with the mentally ill, the careless, the stoned, and the drunk. Two of the greatest gifts that one could ever receive is actually the initial gift of life, and then to have it eternally.
Big picture: A millionnaire never complains about misplacing $100. We focus on the misplaced $100, but God has given us millions. Daily.
Delete

Malama Chibwe wrote
at 1:54pm on July 26th, 2008
You are so right Kent I believe this message whole heartadley.And as I was reading this I could just imagine you saying this right in front of me like at youth. Miss ya Kent.