Sunday, July 20, 2008

Viva La Rocky Balboa.


Tiff and I just spent our Saturday evening watching Rocky I and II. I love those movies! Over the years I've probably seen them 3 times each , but until now never noticed how much of a starring role the city of Philadelphia plays in the films. I'm not a native Philadelphian but I've lived here for 8 years, am a HUGE Birds fan, and have a special place in my heart for all things "Philly." I'm also a big fan of the cheesesteak (provolone not whiz) and I've got the love-handles to prove it. Sure, I wasn't born here, but Philadelphia really has become our home. So, to the natives... thanks for adopting us. Viva La Rocky Balboa and much love for the city from which he hails.

3 comments:

Joanne said...

Yep - Philly tends to grow on you. I really love the city.

Porcupinetree.opeth said...

Go Dallas!

Izzy said...

Cowboys RULE.
Birds DROOL!
I love Philly too...just despise the Eagles...