Wednesday, July 30, 2008

"Best service we've ever had!"



This past weekend was HANDS DOWN THE BEST CHURCH SERVICE WE HAVE EVER HAD! Sure, we've only had TWO so far but don't let that fool you. Our first service in June went really really well, but as a leadership team I think we all left feeling and knowing that it could have been even better. Through the summer we are only having services monthly until the launch of weekly services in October. What was tough was waiting a whole month to see if we were right about the potential for the service to be better. Well, to put it short... We were! Everything just "clicked" and every part of the service went really really well. We used the movie Hancock as a bridge to discuss the idea that God has a plan for each of our lives...whether we like that idea or not! lol ( More on that topic in a future blog. ) Not only did people leave challenged and encouraged, but they had fun too! For the first time Epic is starting to feel like the community I've envisioned it being. Here are a couple of pictures from the service and one of our video announcements that will make you laugh.... we hope!



Gotta love that screen!


That's me underneath that ginormous Will Smith.

And now for your viewing pleasure and without any further adu... here's a funny video announcement we showed this weekend. ( we can't take credit for the idea. We stole it from another church which probably did the same. lol )


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

....now that i've ready how you're looking forward to my thoughts and me adding to the discussion i feel that i should be leaving some thought provoking stuff... i'm not. sorry.

Just as I was reading the "One Way" lyrics on your blog, the same exact ones were playing on my cp. thought that was cool. ha

So glad you're second service went well! You're doing amazing things! Ly!

-kem

Anonymous said...

I loved that service, and I'm soo glad I could be part of it. I hope everything went well with the Dark Knight! And I can't wait for the podcast of it.
-Amanda